Pretty boy

This is an old sketch I made back in 2010 or 2011, I don't remember. I still kinda like it, so I decided to include it here. I might re-render it. I also attached photos of the 3d print I made of it, on my Ultimaker, and the resin casting I made

Original 3d render, back in 2010

Original 3d render, back in 2010

Printing on an Ultimaker,  first generation, 3 years later

Printing on an Ultimaker, first generation, 3 years later

Printed result, sanded and primed with spray paint

Printed result, sanded and primed with spray paint

I loose some of the sharpness because I sanded it a bit too hard

I loose some of the sharpness because I sanded it a bit too hard

Then I just left on my desk and forgot it for another couple of years

Then I just left on my desk and forgot it for another couple of years

Fast forward to 2016, I decided to try mold making on this guy. I sanded it more, used filler, car wax, and now it's all smooth. To create a two-parts mold, I first made one of the shells with Monster Clay

Fast forward to 2016, I decided to try mold making on this guy. I sanded it more, used filler, car wax, and now it's all smooth. To create a two-parts mold, I first made one of the shells with Monster Clay

I poured silicone onto that, then removed the clay. I get a perfect negative.

I poured silicone onto that, then removed the clay. I get a perfect negative.

Then I poured the second half on top of that (making sure to use a release agent so the two parts don't fuse together. I can finally take my master out

Then I poured the second half on top of that (making sure to use a release agent so the two parts don't fuse together. I can finally take my master out

Finally, I close the mold and poured resin in cavity where the master used to be. The waiting time is only 20 minutes, but it felt like forever.

Finally, I close the mold and poured resin in cavity where the master used to be. The waiting time is only 20 minutes, but it felt like forever.

Tada! Just a little bit of clean up needed around middle the seam line, but I'm pretty happy with the result for a first try

Tada! Just a little bit of clean up needed around middle the seam line, but I'm pretty happy with the result for a first try

After a bit of cleaning. Even the ears turn out ok :)

After a bit of cleaning. Even the ears turn out ok :)